Who we are and what we do
Hi, we are dayy. We are a creative digital agency in the heart of Cologne, founded in 2016, and a team of around 15 people.
We create digital solutions, interactive experiences and creative encounters that focus on fun, story and ease to create value for the business and the user. We want to enrich people’s daily life with our ideas.
The brands we work with, e.g. Red Bull, Spotify, Rewe and Isar Aerospace, appreciate our way of working and our idea of being their partner in crime rather than your regular service provider.
We are really serious about the work we do and the quality we deliver but we are also very serious about having fun at work and not taking ourselves too seriously.
And one more important thing before you read the following:
We know job postings can be pretty intimidating. We don’t expect you to be or to have all the requirements listed here. No one can be an expert in everything. You are specialized in one field but got a general understanding of the rest and willing to learn and improve? Perfect! Give it a Go!
Who you are
- You have comprehensive experience with developing interactive and animated web frontends or user interfaces with creative transitions and and a "twist" here and there
- You know technologies like PHP or node.js, even if you never developed backends with them.
- You love web technologies of all sorts and looking for the best fit for the task at hand. New frameworks and libraries don't discourage you, but instead fuel your curiosity.
- You know React or Vue.js and you've developed a few websites/projects with one of those.
Overall you love modern approaches in the web development world, like working with headless systems, all kind of apis, web-components and so on.
- When you see a desktop layout, you immediately think about how this could look like on tablet/mobile
- You see the great possibilities of dev-ops-mentality and love automation for all kind of development-phases. At best, you already implemented basic ci-/cd-processes in some projects.
- You communicate in a relaxed manner and like searching for and discussing the best solutions together with all kind of project members (in german or English).
- You love working on different projects with different objectives and finding creative solutions.
- You are proactive, independent and assertive
- You got enthusiasm, empathy and capacity for teamwork
- You got a great sense of humor
What you will do
- You will develop modern interactive websites and webapps either as a part of a team or independently
- You will learn a lot about modern approaches to old and new problems and will help others to learn about them too
- You will work with colleagues of all professions on every step of each project
- You will be responsible of documenting your work for colleagues
Culture Check – that is how we roll.
Rolling with us?
- We love gamified experiences. Because gamification can make even boring tasks fun. Like, for example, time tracking.
- We don’t have an agency dog yet, we would love to have one though. Or even better, an agency lama, yes lama.
- Things can get chaotic but we never lose sight of the real important stuff.
- We love to take the team to our favorite restaurants for team meetings and things like that. Combine work with something pleasant.
- We love to have some fun side projects like our own dayy Merch, our own clothing line and potentially our own dayy Café.
- We like Memes and we are not afraid to use them.
- That also applies to cringy Dad Jokes.
What’s happening Next?
- Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and just drop a few lines on yourself that is not written in your résumé (no need to google „professional cover letter“)
- Let us know when you could start and what your salary expectations are
- We will contact you and best case arrange an interview with you
- If you don’t hear from us within a week, feel free to reach out to us